1. Who Is Jesus?
Many people will acknowledge Jesus Christ as a good man, a great teacher, or even a prophet of God. These things are definitely true of Jesus, but they do not fully define who He truly is. The Bible tells us that Jesus is God in the flesh, God in human form.
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with
God, and the Word was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were created through Him, and without Him
nothing was created that was created.
14. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
God came to earth to teach us, heal us, correct us, forgive us- and die for us! Jesus Christ is God, the Creator, the sovereign Lord.
2. What Is A Savior, And Why Do
We Need A Savior?
The Bible tells us that we have all sinned; we have all committed evil acts
10. As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
11. No one understands; no one seeks for God.
12. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good, not even one.
16. In their paths are ruin and misery,
17. And the way of peace they have not known.
18. There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Sin at its very core is rebellion against God and His laws. As a result of our sin, we deserve God's anger and judgment.
The only just punishment for sins committed against an infinite and eternal God is an infinite punishment.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death…
11. Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
12. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
13. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hell gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
14. Then Death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
That is why we need a Savior! Jesus Christ came to earth and died in our place. Jesus's death was an infinite payment for our sins.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins.
Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all have sinned.
He paid the price we were meant to pay. Jesus's resurrection from
the dead gave Him power over death and sin. His sacrificial life given in death was sufficient to pay the penalty for our sins. That is why Jesus
is the one and only Savior.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
3. Is Jesus Your Personal Savior?
Many people view Christianity as attending church, performing rituals, and/or not committing certain sins.That is not Christianity. True Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. By accepting Jesus as your personal Savior through His death on the cross, we have restored our relationship with God that was broken because of sin. Salvation means placing your own personal faith and trust in Him. No one is saved by the faith of others. No one is forgiven by doing certain deeds.
The only way to be saved is to personally accept Jesus as your Savior, trusting in His death as the payment for your sins and His resurrection as your guarantee of eternal life.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Is Jesus personally your Savior?
If you want to accept Jesus Christ as your personalSavior, say the following words to God. To be clear, there is no saving power in the words alone. It is the act of faith and confession that brings salvation.
9. Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Only believing in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross for you can save you from sin. A prayer of salvation can be as simple as the following prayer.
"God, I know that I have sinned against You and deserve punishment. But I believe Jesus Christ took the punishment I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I receive Your offer of forgiveness and place my trust in You for salvation. I accept Jesus as my personal Savior! Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness--the gift of eternal life! Amen!"